Wednesday, August 30, 2017
Thanks to ongoing innovations in science and construction, homeowners have increasing options to help make their home or business more energy efficient. Today, we will discuss the homes main external defense against energy waste - siding.
R-Value of SidingThe R-Value of an appliance or a building material refers to its level of energy efficiency. The higher the R-Value, the more energy efficiency the product is. Most types of siding have a score of less than 1. As a matter of fact, many siding types have very low R-Values of 0.11. On the other hand, some siding types have high R-Value scores from 3 to 5.
All the numbers and research can be quite daunting for some but, thankfully there are experts here to help. The team at Palmetto Outdoor Solutions is ready to help you with siding Columbia and Rock Hill, SC as well as Charlotte, NC. Go ahead, give us a call when you are ready to discuss siding for your home or business.
Energy Efficient Insulated SidingWhen compared to common siding types, those made from steel, aluminum or insulated vinyl can prove to be up to five times more energy efficient. These sidings prove their worth with an average R-Value score of 2.5 to 5+, and can help your house pass the level to achieve the Energy Star designation. In addition, the more durable, energy saving sidings also need much less maintenance. For example, insulated vinyl siding would be expected to last at least 30 years.
When you replace your old, worn out or damaged siding with an energy efficient and insulated siding, you might want to consider replacing or adding more exterior insulation first. The quality and efficiency of insulation products have likely improve drastically since your was built. This new exterior insulation and insulated siding in addition to your home’s interior insulation and spray foam mean you should start seeing big savings in electric.
Other Benefits of Using Sidings That Are Energy-EfficientRemember, a few bucks a month can add up quickly. When you make the decision to get energy efficient siding to help lower utility costs, those savings can cover the costs within a few short years.
- The following are some other benefits of using siding made up of steel, aluminum or insulated vinyl:
- Aids your home in achieving the Energy Star designation: A home that has the Energy Star designation stands to gain several incentives and tax credits from some electric companies.
- Increases the lifespan of the HVAC system: By sealing your house's envelope, you will reduce stress faced by your HVAC system, especially during the extreme summer and winter temperatures.
- Reduces your house's vulnerability to mold: With your home or business sealed up and protected, it is unlikely humidity will be able to seep in. This means moisture cannot build and mold cannot grow.
- Increase your house's value: With an increase in energy efficiency, the resale value of your house goes up too. Plus, it looks good.
Do you still have questions regarding energy efficient siding, or want to know if sidings made of steel, aluminum or insulated vinyl is the thing for you? Don't hesitate to contact us!
Palmetto Outdoor Solutions specializes in siding, seamless gutters, residential and commercial roofing Rock Hill SC to Columbia, SC.
at 12:18:00 PM
Tweets by PalmettoOutdoo1
- A Growing Trending: Garden Roofs
- How to Recycle Your Shingles for the Roads
- Why Vinyl Siding is a Popular Choice Among Homeowners
- The Pros and Cons of Repairing or Replacing a Damaged Roof
- Common Roof Problems
- Palmetto Outdoor Solutions now a Master Elite Roofing Contractor
- Commercial Roofing Tips for Businesses
- Protecting Your Seamless Gutters From Ice Dams
- The Benefits Energy Efficient Siding Compared to Regular Siding
- Pros and Cons of Different Roof Types